Petty Complaints

1171819202123»

Comments

• I'm working from home tomorrow (yay!) and my brain is SO READY for the holiday weekend - I even worked ahead on stuff so I'm not so busy - but I just looked at my calendar and I have *three* calls tomorrow!!!
  • @JealousofBelle I totally hear you. I have a morning full of meetings myself but after about noon, my day should be quiet and I can get some shit done before the holiday weekend. 
  • I can't stand the argument of "well I've eaten raw cookie dough my whole life and have never gotten sick, so it must be safe." It's like someone saying "well I've been driving forever and have never gotten in a car accident, so it must be safe."

I know there's a much better chance of getting in a car accident than getting sick from raw cookie dough. It is rare, but it does happen. I still love eating cookie dough though, I play that dangerous game :). But that argument just makes no sense.
  • Fairly petty. 

As I was headed to the gym this morning, I noticed a woman in the parking garage on crutches.  So I did the polite thing and held the doors for her (two sets of doors).  Not only did she not bother to say "thank you", she didn't acknowledge me in any way whatsoever.  Didn't even look at me.  It was like I was invisible to her.

• Lilithcat said:
    Fairly petty. 

As I was headed to the gym this morning, I noticed a woman in the parking garage on crutches.  So I did the polite thing and held the doors for her (two sets of doors).  Not only did she not bother to say "thank you", she didn't acknowledge me in any way whatsoever.  Didn't even look at me.  It was like I was invisible to her.

I get angry when people walk into the gallery and ignore my cheery, "Hello, welcome to [gallery name]!"  If someone did that to me I'd probably spontaneously combust!
  • Not sure how "petty" this is, but my boss is making it a habit to ask me questions that I just gave him the answer to, then be shocked when I'm visibly irritated by it.

Example:

Me: "The process is XYZ.  I don't remember what option I chose for X, but I followed it by taking these steps during YZ"

Him: "What did you choose for X?"

Me, now clearly annoyed: "Like I just said, I don't remember, I did this two days ago"

Him: a fairly impressive side-eye for a middle-aged white man
  • went to the 'koffee klatch'....there is a guy there, no matter WHAT you say, it becomes about him...

I have actually laughed out loud a few times its so....sad? bizarre? pathetic?

'nice weather' = 'you know, the rain does horrible things to me hair, I tried......"

'how is the soup?' = "I once made a soup like that, I used my mothers recipe and...." zzzzzz

'Hi Bill" = "Bill? My daugher once dated a guy named Bill who...."

a-freagin-mazing
  • I bring my own bags for groceries, one comes with its own clever attached pouch, that is clearly on the Inside Of the Bag. But the bag invariably gets used inside-out. D:
  • Every year, my friends and I go to this sugar shack about 45 minutes from here, in the Hill Towns. They make their own maple syrup and are only open for the sugaring season for this yummy pancake buffet. I just saw on FB that my friends went without me today. 
  • Every year, my friends and I go to this sugar shack about 45 minutes from here, in the Hill Towns. They make their own maple syrup and are only open for the sugaring season for this yummy pancake buffet. I just saw on FB that my friends went without me today. 
    The hell?  That's not cool!
  • I just had the most circular f-ing conversation with my boss.  Basically, he feels the systems  we use to process orders are slowing down our timeline - and I agree.  But the fact is, this is how things work right now (it's systems run by our partner, not us, so we're limited in being able to make improvements / changes).  I'm on the side of - just suck it up, adjust the timelines we're giving our customers, and deal with the situation as it is at the moment (while still giving feedback to fix it, obvi).  He's on the side of - pretend nothing has changed and get stressed out when we're not able to hit dates that he gave the customer based on old processes.  WTF.
  • edited March 2017
    Why, if I tell you to use my landline to reach me, and give you the number, would you call my cellphone?

I usually have my cellphone on silent and tucked off in my purse.  I never use it at home.  The other day, I took out my phone to charge it and saw that I had a voicemail from someone I know.  I called him back, and left a message telling him that I rarely use my cellphone and that the best thing to do was to call my landline.  I left the number.  I told him when I'd be home.

Just now, I saw that he'd called twice today  .  .  .  to my cell #.

This is not a stupid man.  He practiced law.  He was counsel to a big foundation.  He's president of an important organization.  But apparently he can't follow directions.

Oh, and to top it off?  When I finally reached him, he said that he thought most people used their cell phones.  Well, that may be so, but I told you that wasn't true for me.  He then told me that his cell phone is always off.
  • edited April 2017
    Adult Swim pre-empted some of their programming last night in order to show one episode of Rick and Morty over and over again as an April Fools joke. So now I have to wait until a Wednesday night rerun to see the new Samurai Jack episode.
  • edited April 2017
    JeanneM said:
    Adult Swim pre-empted some of their programming last night in order to show one episode of Rick and Morty over and over again as an April Fools joke. So now I have to wait until a Wednesday night rerun to see the new Samurai Jack episode.
    My boyfriend was so pissed about that.  

My petty complaint is that Kinder Surprise Eggs are still illegal in the U.S.  I really want them. 
  • I thought my kids went back to day care today, so it's my first day "back" at work after taking time off for Spring Break (I work from home Mondays)

Not only are my kids NOT off, my niece is also off and she's over so her mom can go to work, AND my mother (aka my backup babysitter) has to go try to spring my dad from the inpatient rehab he's been in since his knee replacement last Tuesday (he was supposed to leave Friday, but they found a blood clot so told him he can't leave till Saturday, and then he was running a fever, so they told him Sunday, and then yesterday the fever came back)
  • Lilithcat said:
    Why, if I tell you to use my landline to reach me, and give you the number, would you call my cellphone?

I usually have my cellphone on silent and tucked off in my purse.  I never use it at home.  The other day, I took out my phone to charge it and saw that I had a voicemail from someone I know.  I called him back, and left a message telling him that I rarely use my cellphone and that the best thing to do was to call my landline.  I left the number.  I told him when I'd be home.

Just now, I saw that he'd called twice today  .  .  .  to my cell #.

This is not a stupid man.  He practiced law.  He was counsel to a big foundation.  He's president of an important organization.  But apparently he can't follow directions.

Oh, and to top it off?  When I finally reached him, he said that he thought most people used their cell phones.  Well, that may be so, but I told you that wasn't true for me.  He then told me that his cell phone is always off.
    What's a "landline"?   (just kidding!).  I've noticed the same thing, that people generally just hit "reply" back to the same number even if you ask them to call back to another number. 
  • I can't stand the whole concept of Coachella. The artist lineup looks amazing, but I wish there was a filter on Instagram where it wouldn't show anything with the hashtag Coachella. I follow a lot of designers, make-up companies, and make-up artists and that's allllll they're talking about.