OPEN CHAT 80 - Holy cow it's July again

2»

Comments

• I cut all my hair off!  I feel great!
    I love that feeling!
  • I cut all my hair off!  I feel great!
    I love that feeling!
    I can't wait to shower tonight and get the giggles all over again about how little shampoo I need!

• I'm trying to upload a video of my garden but photobucket isn't cooperating. But here is a picture. Literally a rectangle of bare earth!

We now have lawn. And we move on Monday.
    Good luck with the move.
  • @carlatheviking I chopped my hair at the beginning of summer and it took a full week of showers before I remembered to take less conditioner!
  • @carlatheviking I chopped my hair at the beginning of summer and it took a full week of showers before I remembered to take less conditioner!
    Isn't it just the weirdest feeling?  You goop up your head and go...oops!
  • Sigh, watching the news this A.M.... can the U.S. just take a moment and get a *hug* break? please?
  • Sigh, watching the news this A.M.... can the U.S. just take a moment and get a *hug* break? please?
    It's so upsetting.  I want to help...but I don't know how, other than voting.  And I'm safely registered, and carry my voter ID card in my wallet wherever I go.

• I'm trying to upload a video of my garden but photobucket isn't cooperating. But here is a picture. Literally a rectangle of bare earth!

We now have lawn. And we move on Monday.
    Good luck with the move.
    I've been thinking about you, how'd the move go, are you settled in?  More importantly, does Urchin like her new home?
  • edited August 2017
    We're doing OK thanks! The move was beyond disorganised and ended up being ridiculously pressured and horrible. But we have broadband (finally).

In the middle of it all, my grandfather passed away a couple of weeks ago, which, while expected and a bit of a relief still made me a bit mopy and not inclined to do battle with utility companies and whatever, which set us back a bit.

Miss Urchin was NOT IMPRESSED about moving and howled and howled and howled for the hour we drove (pausing for breath for a minute when we passed a cattle farm - she'd never smelt manure before...) and hid for 2 days, either under the bed or under a mattress propped up against the wall. But she has adjusted really well and rules the roost as ever. She's not allowed outdoors really yet, although this weekend we have started short, supervised lawn visits.

I'd post a picture but bloody photobucket has stopped 3rd party hosting so I basically have to download every picture I have ever saved on there and find a new host.

How are you?
  • @foodycatAlicia,

Sincere Condolences on the loss of your Grandfather.
    We've missed you and are happy to hear from you again.
    I'm sending you sunny hugs from Miami (even though it has rained every day for a week)!!!

Can't wait to hear about your new garden!!!
    Best!!!
  • Thank you @MiamiGal - we've had a hot sunny weekend so I am feeling those hugs!
  • @foodycatAlicia so sorry on the loss of your grandfather. Even when expected it is so painful. I hope as you get more settled you find time to remember him.
    I can see Urchin being indignant at the upheaval yet curious re a new smell.
    Things are okay here in California, having a bit of a heat wave which I can take or leave (my comfortable temperature range is narrow and rather princessy)
    I have a few things that I seriously procrastinated on that MUST be taken care of before the end of August. I'll get it done I just wish I was not such a successful procrastinator, but I've had lots of practice.