The Accessories Thread

I went through all the F&B threads and didn't see a thread dedicated to discussing accessories - dream accessories, current accessories, wacky accessories features on TLo or other fashion blogs, where to replace failing accessories, etc etc so I've started one!  And I'm sure we can all agree to define "accessories" as jewelry, shoes, hats, bags and anything one uses to complete an outfit, if just for this thread.

(I did find some golden oldie threads though - remember these?? - https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/volvorii-timeless#/ )

Today I went to the shops to find a pair of jeans for work (jeans I can bike in and not care about destroying) and found a very comfy pair, but as I was walking to the register I passed by the bag I have been lusting over since MARCH when it first came to the store and decided it was fate because not only was it on clearance, but with my email coupon I got another fifty per cent off, for a total price of $11.  Of course, thanks to it and the jeans and the fabric I bought this weekend I can't buy anything but food for another couple of weeks, but we're going to ignore that for now!

Isn't it just so damn cute?!  Depending on how many books I have to carry this semester I may take it to campus when I go to class...if not, I'll just take it to work on Wednesdays and Fridays (when I don't have class).  I am so damn happy right now!

Comments

• Cute bag. My go to accessories are eyeglasses then earrings. I typically buy a pair of prescription sunglasses in the summer then a regular pair on the winter.  I wore my latest prescription sunglasses to the beach this summer. 
  • I need to find an eye doc here in TX and get a new pair of RX glasses.  My eyesight is 20/20 in one eye and 20/19 in the other, but I need special coatings to prevent migraines and it gets expensive.
  • I need to find an eye doc here in TX and get a new pair of RX glasses.  My eyesight is 20/20 in one eye and 20/19 in the other, but I need special coatings to prevent migraines and it gets expensive.
    Order online. brick and mortar have something like a 300% mark up. I'm +4.50 in one eye & +1.75 in the other. With progressive  lens, UV coating and the high index lens I require brick and mortar prices are insane. Online I can get them for about $100
  • Milaxx said:
    I need to find an eye doc here in TX and get a new pair of RX glasses.  My eyesight is 20/20 in one eye and 20/19 in the other, but I need special coatings to prevent migraines and it gets expensive.
    Order online. brick and mortar have something like a 300% mark up. I'm +4.50 in one eye & +1.75 in the other. With progressive  lens, UV coating and the high index lens I require brick and mortar prices are insane. Online I can get them for about $100
    Once I get a new prescription and am sure my eyes are the same, I'll totally look into that, thanks!
  • I completely agree with @Milaxx - it's extraordinary how much cheaper it is online. 
  • And I hear you can get all sorts of styles that you can't in brick-and-mortar.  My very first glasses were Miu Miu and I just loved them to pieces, but once they were scratched and battered and I had to replace them a couple years later...not one store had them! 
  • Ditto here regarding online. I still prefer to be able to go to a store and try on, but now I am an online eyewear shopping believer. 

Clearly opened up a brick and mortar shop here a couple of years ago and I've gone in to buy my everyday glasses (and they also have an optometrist onsite, which is sweet) but I've also had great luck with ordering online. I also tried Eye Buy Direct recently as they're even cheaper than Clearly (Clearly stocks designer brands whereas Eye Buy Direct doesn't at all, so I guess that means even more savings) and I'm really happy with the prescription sunglasses I got. 

I'm kind of obsessed now. I used to just have the one pair of glasses until it was time to get a new prescription and I didn't have health benefits either due to working on contract, but now that online has opened up an affordable eyewear world to me AND I have insurance, I've gotten some other pairs and I've been rotating. My most recent purchase was under $50 Canadian for frames, prescription lenses, taxes AND shipping. 
  • I saw this at Marshall's the other day and I have non-buyer's remorse. I wish I'd gotten it, it looks like a great work bag. I love that there's a detachable clutch, the strap has a cushion and it has SO MANY POCKETS for all the random things. I know it's not going to be there when I go back on Friday (payday):

• That purse is adorable!!  We'll all cross our fingers that it's still there for you on Friday!  If it helps, that bag I bought and posted in the first post was sitting at my store since March and I only bought it a week or so ago after lusting for it all that time.  But then, I don't have a real job and have trouble affording lovely things haha
  • Thanks @carlatheviking! I'm hoping it's still there on Friday too :-). I did find it on Amazon, but I couldn't justify it with the exchange rate and the shipping charges. I love it, but not enough to pay duties/taxes and shipping. 
  • Anna_P said:
    I saw this at Marshall's the other day and I have non-buyer's remorse. I wish I'd gotten it, it looks like a great work bag. I love that there's a detachable clutch, the strap has a cushion and it has SO MANY POCKETS for all the random things. I know it's not going to be there when I go back on Friday (payday):

That is cute!
  • I bought another pair of Tieks last night. They came out w this new color, Bronze, and weak woman that I am, I bought them on day 1.
  • I had to google what Tieks are but they look awesome!  I wouldn't mind having some, especially since I have to wear closed-toe shoes one day a week at the one gallery I work at.
  • They're super comfortable & very pretty!
  • Thought it was time to revive this thread with the CRAZIEST ACCESSORY EVER!

https://smile.amazon.com/Amzwt-Bangle-Flasket-Bracelet-Rhinestones/dp/B076F71ZS7/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1509320673&sr=8-15&keywords=flask

It's a bangle FLASK. Things I never thought I'd see!
  • Oh wow! It's gone into production! I saw them as a design concept in a magazine a few years ago.
  • Oh wow! It's gone into production! I saw them as a design concept in a magazine a few years ago.

Ha! I love it when things like that happen!
  • That's super cool.