What is making you Happy today?

Comments

• My sister is taking me to the Cubs game tomorrow! Fingers crossed it doesn't rain.
    Have fun! 
  • GeoDiva said:
    Wearing a (new to me) 2XL shirt I found at the thrift store, love the color and the fit! (I found when I dropped by an armload of 4XL(T) shirts... Feels so...good.

Thumbs up!

Yay! Not just for the size, but that you find it feels good.
    Thanks!! still wish I could/would get out of this 'stall', sigh.
    I'm so glad that you're wearing clothes that fit, doesn't it feel great?
  • American Airlines is my new best friend.

They've just announced that starting next year, from early May to late October,  they will have non-stop flights between Chicago and Venice.  And the schedule is perfect.

Unfortunately, I expect I'll have to wait until 2019 to use this, as next year I'm doing Vienna in the spring and Vermont in the fall.  And I may have a big bash for my 70th in July.

But I'm still happy about this.
  • Oh goodness!  I applied for a job at 2 am last night (insomnia...) and got an email at 8:06 this morning about clarification of my qualifications!  And I didn't bother checking my email until 3 pm!!!!

I've emailed them back, fingers crossed.  This would be a GREAT 'foot in the door' gig, plus I'd still get to live at home which means I can really take a chunk out of my damn debts.
  • Oh goodness!  I applied for a job at 2 am last night (insomnia...) and got an email at 8:06 this morning about clarification of my qualifications!  And I didn't bother checking my email until 3 pm!!!!

I've emailed them back, fingers crossed.  This would be a GREAT 'foot in the door' gig, plus I'd still get to live at home which means I can really take a chunk out of my damn debts.

Sending positive vibes for you

Sending positive vibes for you
    Thank you :)
  • Happy that the small shelter where I volunteer participated in "Clear The Shelters Day" on Saturday, and we had 17 cats and one dog adopted.
    One woman stopped by to donate food, came in to meet the cats and bonded with one of my personal favorite kitties. I took Harold out of his cage, and he just melted into this woman's arms-so incredibly sweet.
    We still have some adoptable cats (mostly adults), and now we can focus on their wellbeing!
  • A friend I haven't seen in a couple of years is coming to town for work but will spend a couple of days with me before. Last time she was here I was living in the suburbs and we didn't get back to our old neighborhoods. Now I'm back in the city, and I'm anxious to show her how much things have changed - mainly for the better.
  • Got up at 7:30, went and got fingerprinted and drug tested for a potential job, went to the gym, and now I'm checking my email before I shower and do laundry.

Just gotta keep the ball rolling and do as much as possible today!!  (And tomorrow...)
  • Got up at 7:30, went and got fingerprinted and drug tested for a potential job, went to the gym, and now I'm checking my email before I shower and do laundry.

Just gotta keep the ball rolling and do as much as possible today!!  (And tomorrow...)

Wishing you good luck on the job.
  • Had
    to share a wonderful 'Angus story'.... We were at Johnscreek Dog Park
    yesterday, an older woman sitting alone on the bench by the entrance
    with a book. I couldn't figure out which, if any, dog was hers... Angus
    wandered up (with his muzzle on) and looked at her. She glanced down,
    and I called out 'he is very friendly!' (as the muzzle can confuse folks
    (and puppies who stare at it)).

Angus lept lightly onto the
    bench next to her, kept looking at her and started his 'head-but/nuzzle'
    (translation "pleeeeease take this off! I was framed! I am aDORable! I
    am your best best friend in the whole world!!'), she smiled and started
    petting him....

I wandered over and sat at the other end of the
    bench, we started chatting. Turns out she put down her beloved Westie
    (basically a white-ish version of Angus) 10 years before and never had
    the heart to get another dog) so once in awhile she comes to the dog
    park to just watch the dogs... She sat there for 15-20 minutes just
    petting Angus, her hands never leaving him....He just leaned into her,
    very contended....I am not sure who was healing/petting who? I related
    to her how Angus had sensed a woman who had cancer one day and was very
    protective of her. He also 'knows' when I am having a bad PTSD day and
    is *there* with me. Period.

Anyway, we both left and she stopped,
    turned and told me how very very much she apprecitated Angus spending
    time with her. I told her it was a 2-way street. The dog park is my one
    and only social outlet, I don't have m/any friends. So talking to a
    nice lady and seeing Angus happy made my day as well.

IF I believed in a 'god(s)' Angus _might_ be a reason for that
    possible belief in whatever 'it' is...

• GeoDiva said:
    Got up at 7:30, went and got fingerprinted and drug tested for a potential job, went to the gym, and now I'm checking my email before I shower and do laundry.

Wishing you good luck on the job.
    Thank you!
  • Finding something I thought I'd thrown out. It was new too. I thought I hadn't been careful enough when unboxing something I'd bought online and that the missing item was still wrapped in some bubble wrap/tissue and on its way to a recycling centre somewhere. 
  • sorta happy thing- found out my iron and hemoglobin are very low. We can work with that.... (explains the increased exhaution, harder depression, etc). this weekend all I did was go to the dog park and lie in the bed and read...whew.
  • woo hoo! PCP gave me 2 referrals- 2nd one just called with a cancellation tomorrow!!! woo hoo! (hoping I can get an infusion tomorrow as well!)
  • Squeee..... Holy Fanboy drool, looking thru the 'what did I tape?'- Hollywood Game Night (good to kill 51 minutes)...

but RuPaul Charles on one team and Weird Al Yankovic on the other?? O.M.Freagin G. gaynerdgasm! (okay a really really slow day (like 99.9999% of mine) and some other 'celebrities' (lose term, k?)
  • Squeee..... Holy Fanboy drool, looking thru the 'what did I tape?'- Hollywood Game Night (good to kill 51 minutes)...

but RuPaul Charles on one team and Weird Al Yankovic on the other?? O.M.Freagin G. gaynerdgasm! (okay a really really slow day (like 99.9999% of mine) and some other 'celebrities' (lose term, k?)

I thought it was a fun one too.
  • Oh, even better news-

The sequel to The Thunder-Struck Heart is out!!

Love TJ Klune (Mermuration (sp?) is still one of the BEST books I have read in....decades. WOW.

• It's the last day of the heatwave! Starting tomorrow low '70's! It will make my walk to and from work SO much more comfortable. And the big thing, a friend I haven't seen in over 2 years is coming to town. I'm taking tomorrow off to spend with her.
  • Harry Styles's new video for Kiwi is totally pandering to anyone and everyone with a pulse and eyes as it features kids, puppies and cupcakes, and I'm here for it. I love Beau Gadson from Rogue One playing mini-Harry:

• Anna_P said:

Harry Styles's new video for Kiwi is totally pandering to anyone and everyone with a pulse and eyes as it features kids, puppies and cupcakes, and I'm here for it. I love Beau Gadson from Rogue One playing mini-Harry:

Love it!! Thanks for sharing.

• I have had the worst day today. I'm a substitute teacher now, and I had 4 classes today (block scheduling, so 90 minutes each), three math and one science and I yelled so much (and used my whistle) that I have a headache and both my ears ache and my whole face hurts. Not one of those classes would shut up, whatever I tried, and I called the dean of discipline four times and he was never in (or didn't pick up) so I had practically no backup.

But I'm home now, with an ice cold beer and I'm going to go get some Chinese takeaway soon, so that's making me less miserable and that's my happy for the day.
  • Anna_P said:

Harry Styles's new video for Kiwi is totally pandering to anyone and everyone with a pulse and eyes as it features kids, puppies and cupcakes, and I'm here for it. I love Beau Gadson from Rogue One playing mini-Harry:

Why do I have this sudden urge to take a walk to the bakery down the street?

(I sure hope they kept the puppies away from the chocolate!)
  • MiamiGal said:

Anna_P said:

Love it!! Thanks for sharing.

Harry's smirk at the end affects me in ways I wasn't anticipating. I always thought he was cute, but now I really get why Taylor Swift wrote Style.
  • MiamiGal said:

@carlatheviking — For you...

I've never actually seen Bye Bye Birdie and all I can think of is, "WOW that family is dysfunctional!"
  • Yesterday was kind of hot and stuffy in my office, so I was happy to walk out into fairly cold (39F) air outside. (Still not thrilled about the dark.) WXRT was playing energetic music, so my half hour walk home was pretty enjoyable. And it was a much better walk than Friday's walk home where the sidewalks had a fair amount of ice in areas where they hadn't been shoveled.
  • Good result in the Australian equal marriage plebiscite. Now to hope that the legislation being put forward is good.
  • edited December 2017
    Alabama! Thank you to everyone who cast a write-in vote.