The Good Place

Anybody watch? The 1st 2 episodes of Season 2 aired on NBC last night. If you haven't seen it before, I highly recommend watching Season 1 1st. It's on Netflix, there are 13 episodes. It stars Kristin Bell and Ted Danson. It's quite fun.

Comments

• Anybody watch? The 1st 2 episodes of Season 2 aired on NBC last night. If you haven't seen it before, I highly recommend watching Season 1 1st. It's on Netflix, there are 13 episodes. It stars Kristin Bell and Ted Danson. It's quite fun.

I thoroughly second this recommendation!
  • I did. I have no idea how long they can sustain this premise but I am loving this show.
  • Like the premise. Was not able to make it through the first episode. 

• rawtoo said:
    Like the premise. Was not able to make it through the first episode. 

Of season 1 or 2?
  • rawtoo said:
    Like the premise. Was not able to make it through the first episode. 

Of season 1 or 2?
    I just discovered season 1. Maybe I need to give it another chance. But to me, it seemed the humor was too broad. I was hoping for more subtlety. 
  • I kind of sort of wanted to like this...but just gave up on it...

• It's so good! The season 1 finale twist was amazing. Highly recommend!
  • Yeah, I was completely surprised by the twist. It was fun watching it again recently while knowing.
  • I've watched from the beginning.  It's cute, but I really don't see what the big deal is.  It's mildly amusing at best.
  • TLo love it. Don't listen to the podcast if you think you might watch - spoilers. It's best if you go in knowing very little.
  • Freynika said:

I've watched from the beginning.  It's cute, but I really don't see what the big deal is.  It's mildly amusing at best.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. I just couldn't get into it. I like all of the actors and the concept, but maybe the humor was too broad?
  • The actual world is more than dark enough for me right now. I want to watch something light. Though I do think that it's not as light as it comes across as at first.
  • Still Loving this. Like how they keep finding ways to move things forward. So the cast are doing really good work.
  • Love the show. The twist was great. I'm recommending it to everyone I meet. I really like how they're talking about what it means to be "good" and how we navigate the world through our decisions. But it's funny, so it doesn't feel preachy.
  • Love the show. The twist was great. I'm recommending it to everyone I meet. I really like how they're talking about what it means to be "good" and how we navigate the world through our decisions. But it's funny, so it doesn't feel preachy.

YES, that's it exactly!