Who is... Alex Trebek?

12346»

Comments

• I love Buzzy, so I was also surprised to find out that people didn't like him. Alex seems to find him amusing so I don't get what the big deal is.
  • Just heard a radio interview with Buzzy and he was so cool. Would you believe his first name is Austin after Steve Austin ($6M dollar man) and his middl name is Lindsey after Limdsey Wagner (Bionic Woman)? His parents were the ones who called him Buzzy since before he was born. They sound like cool people!
  • GeoDiva said:
    Just heard a radio interview with Buzzy and he was so cool. Would you believe his first name is Austin after Steve Austin ($6M dollar man) and his middl name is Lindsey after Limdsey Wagner (Bionic Woman)? His parents were the ones who called him Buzzy since before he was born. They sound like cool people!

I thought it was his sister who is named Lindsey. Not that it really matters, still an interesting namesake.
  • edited November 2016
    GeoDiva said:
    Just heard a radio interview with Buzzy and he was so cool. Would you believe his first name is Austin after Steve Austin ($6M dollar man) and his middl name is Lindsey after Limdsey Wagner (Bionic Woman)? His parents were the ones who called him Buzzy since before he was born. They sound like cool people!

I thought it was his sister who is named Lindsey. Not that it really matters, still an interesting namesake.
    Still stunned at the interviews where my name came up. Buzzy's pretty good people.

P.S. I know I've been absent from this place for WAY MORE THAN A MINUTE, but life gets complicated. Still a faithful fan (ESPECIALLY after seeing it from the contestant side of things, and turning into a small-town superstar for a minute - BTW, if you happen to go on anything like the roll I did, and your local Rotary/Kiwanis/Elks/etc. calls, just say Yes.), and hurting that these babies in the Teen Tournament right now had to wait seven months to see their shining moment on TV.
  • So any thoughts feelings re Austin. I don't get to see some episodes cuz of work, so this could all be moot. I think he is a hoot. I really do think some folks just have a really hard time with smart confident people and see arrogance when there really isn't any.
  • I like him. been watching him for several days since I was on vacation. It's nice he doesn't take things too seriously

It amuses me that there are people who deem what the "correct" behaviour for a jeopardy champion is. I've been watching the current version of the show since the 1980s and there have been a broad types of personalities.

what I really like about him is that he is a risk taker and makes those big wagers with double jeopardy. He's a much more exciting player than someone like Ken jennings

The last time I got this charged about a contestant was back in the 1980s. This guy was a kick ass player who shut the other players out of final jeopardy at least twice. he was that good. Best of all he was self-effacing and always gave silly answers when  he got stuck. And he was a letter carrier. basically he was the corrally to Cliff Claven

I recently wrote to Jeopardy to see if they could recall this guy's name
  • East Coasters, be mindful re spoilers. Thoughts on the T of C contestants. Looking forward to the match. My brother thought (re the semi-finals) that Austin didn't seem to have a chance, slower on the buzzer and therefore less able to capitalize on the mistakes of the other contestants, but he pulled it off. Interested to see if Alan just continues to be super fast and mostly accurate.
  • H yall. Login issues kept me away for a while. We'll see if I can stay a little longer than I stayed on the show.