The Pets of the Lounge

1727374757678»

Comments

Photobucket is working again! Hurrah!
  • Urchin is so pretty!
  • Urchin on Instagram is one of my favorite things!
  • Urchin on Instagram is one of my favorite things!
    Thank you!
  • We
    Photobucket is working again! Hurrah!

Glad to see Urchin gracing our lives. She seems much less excited.
  • She was moments away from collapsing into a deep sleep. It just looks like she is plagued by doubt.
  • Evidence that Cats Know Exactly What They Are Doing.
    Daniel routinely moves to curl up in my spot on the sofa when I get up. This evening when I returned to the living room after a shower he was curled up where I customarily sit. I , somewhat exasperatedly, said "you just can't help yourself, can you?" He meaningfully slunk to the other end of the couch.
    All humans who witnessed this cracked up, the other cats ignored the whole thing.
  • This is Toffee, the dog I watch fairly regularly. I absolutely love her. She "talks" to me when I scritch her belly and she's always so happy to hang out with us. imageimage
    I have no idea why I can't upload a photo. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/juliaz/Toffee.jpg
  • Oh she's cute!
  • Sending scritches to Toffee. She looks like a sweet girl.
  • Hope everyone's furry friends in the US have a safe holiday. Blue spent most of tonight under my husband home office desk listening to classical music. It seemed to calm him from the fireworks noises.
  • Kind of impressed your husband has a big enough desk to accommodate Blue!
  • So the daylight savings time changed last night, and bumped an hour ahead. Margaux always gets fed her dinner at 6pm. Tonight she shows up at her bowl location exactly at (the new) 6pm. HOW DOES SHE KNOW THIS??!!

• Qitkat said:

So the daylight savings time changed last night, and bumped an hour ahead. Margaux always gets fed her dinner at 6pm. Tonight she shows up at her bowl location exactly at (the new) 6pm. HOW DOES SHE KNOW THIS??!!

That always gets me too! Urchin is very good about reminding us to get up just before the alarm goes off, even the first day the clocks change.
  • My older dog died yesterday, unexpectedly. She was only 11 & I was in CA at a conference. She went downhill very quickly Sun/Mon & I flew home Tuesday & saw her after her surgery (to remove a HUGE mass in her spleen). She went into cardiac arrest middle of the night Tues/Wed & died.
    I am so heartbroken & crying non-stop. I don't know what to do.
  • Dr. Sparkles. HUGS! At least you got to see her after surgery. My suggestion is first that you allow yourself to fully mourn. She was your furbaby, as much as I don't like the term. Be gentle with yourself and know that you were a great person fro your puppy. Because they are always and forever puppies.
  • Thank you @Lucydevil , I’m doing better today. My neighbors are throwing her a wake Monday 😢
  • I am so sorry DrSparkles!
  • I am so sorry DrSparkles!

Thanks @foodycatAlicia ; I'm finally feeling better (a week later), but still miss that sweet girl dog!
  • Picking up a new pup tomorrow! ooooh.....

(her name WAS (I can't make this up) "Platypus"....soon to be...Josephine (I think, could change but...)

Angus will have a new bud :)
  • Awww! Platypus is a great name!

I hope she and Angus love each other.
  • My older dog died yesterday, unexpectedly. She was only 11 & I was in CA at a conference. She went downhill very quickly Sun/Mon & I flew home Tuesday & saw her after her surgery (to remove a HUGE mass in her spleen). She went into cardiac arrest middle of the night Tues/Wed & died.
    I am so heartbroken & crying non-stop. I don't know what to do.

So so so very sorry.

Picking up a new pup tomorrow! ooooh.....

(her name WAS (I can't make this up) "Platypus"....soon to be...Josephine (I think, could change but...)

Angus will have a new bud :)

Congratulations, may you and Angus enjoy your new family member.