What is making you Happy today?

1159160161162163165»

Comments

• I woke up this morning in one of the worst moods, fully anticipating this to be the start of a really awful week. Then out of the blue, for no reason at all, one of my coworkers surprised me with a big bar of dark chocolate. No matter how bad this week turns out to be, I'm going to remember that generous act of kindness and be very grateful. She totally lifted my spirits.

There's not much that isn't improved by chocolate!
  • edited April 3
    Lilithcat said:

I woke up this morning in one of the worst moods, fully anticipating this to be the start of a really awful week. Then out of the blue, for no reason at all, one of my coworkers surprised me with a big bar of dark chocolate. No matter how bad this week turns out to be, I'm going to remember that generous act of kindness and be very grateful. She totally lifted my spirits.

There's not much that isn't improved by chocolate!

Amen to that! “There is nothing better than a friend, unless it's a friend with chocolate.”
  • I am so happy today, I finally booked a super duper place in Carmel-by-the-Sea (California) in August, after losing out on another place because the owner decided she wanted a long term rental after I booked way back in February, so she kicked me off, and is refunding my money. I thought it was a crappy thing to do. But hopefully this new place, though pricier (not a bargain place to vacation) will work out even better, as it has an extra bedroom the first place didn't have, so I can invite my best friend to come visit with me, or my brother and his wife might could come down from LA. It's a giant birthday gift to myself, a place to be creative with art projects and photography and be peaceful and read and go to the beach every single day if I wish! Our family dynamics have been crazy lately, all kinds of drama and difficult stuff (not tragic, thank goodness), and I desperately need to get away alone. It feels as if I'm burned out on everyday life. And the scenery in that part of the state is gorgeous, Big Sur, Monterey, too.

• edited April 10
    my brother and his wife might could come down from LA.

Wouldn't that be up from LA? ;-)

Seriously, that was a crappy thing for the owner to do, but it sounds like all is working out so that's great. I'm very much in favor of giant birthday gifts to oneself, and I think yours will be delightful. I hope that the Highway One road closures will be over by August! Have an excellent time, and happy birthday in advance.
  • edited April 10
    Lilithcat said:

my brother and his wife might could come down from LA.

Wouldn't that be up from LA? ;-)

Seriously, that was a crappy thing for the owner to do, but it sounds like all is working out so that's great. I'm very much in favor of giant birthday gifts to oneself, and I think yours will be delightful. I hope that the Highway One road closures will be over by August! Have an excellent time, and happy birthday in advance.

Oops, you are correct! Crossing my fingers about Highway One. Thanks for the good wishes. (I had a cute sunglasses emoji here, but it wasn't accepted!)
  • Nothing. I find myself slipping into the black pit of depression. I have to find a way out before I get too deep.
  • Nothing. I find myself slipping into the black pit of depression. I have to find a way out before I get too deep.

I'm so sorry. That is a hellish place to be. Please find someone you trust to help you, to talk with, right away.

I hope you can. But if the black dog does land a bit hard, please try to remember that it's a fucking liar and you are not what it says you are.

I hope you can. But if the black dog does land a bit hard, please try to remember that it's a fucking liar and you are not what it says you are.
    THANK you! That was a good reminder.
  • edited April 15
    1)My car is fixed, and it didn't cost all my money.
    2) My niece and my cat Daniel watched 'too much' RuPauls Drag Race. Resulting in my niece claiming Daniel is a drag queen, beautiful, sassy and overly dramatic. His Drag name is Fluffy Ferocia Pantaloñes.
  • Fluffy Ferocia Pantaloñes - perfect!
  • I'm currently killing time at my new job in a new city where i'll be going home to my nice new apartment while my retired dad, who has Stage IV cancer that has essentially gone to sleep and he's doing great health-wise, probably lays around and binges TV while babysitting my brother's puppy at home.

Things have vastly improved since the last time I was a regular poster here.
  • I'm currently killing time at my new job in a new city where i'll be going home to my nice new apartment while my retired dad, who has Stage IV cancer that has essentially gone to sleep and he's doing great health-wise, probably lays around and binges TV while babysitting my brother's puppy at home.

So glad things are going better for you.

So glad things are going better for you.
    ditto..... :)
  • It is currently 74º and the sun is shining.

I'm going to go sit out on my porch.
  • edited May 1
    AND the magnolia tree outside my window is budding, and I ate dinner on my back porch!
  • Lilithcat said:

AND the magnolia tree outside my window is budding, and I hate dinner on my back porch!

I LOVE magnolias, and they can be so iffy up here. It's been freezing in my office for weeks, so it was really nice to take the long way home. Passed some boutiques and then sat on a bench in Lincoln Square before heading home.
  • Lilithcat said:

AND the magnolia tree outside my window is budding, and I hate dinner on my back porch!

I LOVE magnolias, and they can be so iffy up here. It's been freezing in my office for weeks, so it was really nice to take the long way home. Passed some boutiques and then sat on a bench in Lincoln Square before heading home.
    (That was, of course, ate, not hate, dinner on my back porch!)

Magnolias are lovely, aren't they? Except when the flowers turn brown and fall on the sidewalk! But I'll put up with that for all their gloriousness. This tree is outside my sunroom, and I'm on the 3rd floor, so it's like I'm sitting in a tree house. I was afraid that all this cold weather would stop it from blooming, so I was thrilled to see the buds yesterday.
  • You're so lucky to have it right outside your window! I have one on my walk to work, and last year I saw a couple, have to remember where they were and hope the rain didn't destroy them. I used to have a house and I planted a magnolia. It had finally gotten to a decent size when I moved a few years ago. A former neighbor emailed me yesterday that it was glorious this year.
  • This actually happened Friday, but I'm still feeling good about this. Was covering for a colleague and had to get involved in solving some little issues for someone I've never done any support work for. He came over to me later and said, "I just have to tell you, you're REALLY good at your job." He went into more detail, but the gesture alone was enough.
  • With all the craziness right now thought I would link this. (Or try) baggage handlers at Heathrow posting tribute to Freddie Mercury (former Heathrow baggage handlers)huffp.st/nL0lLMs
  • I rescued/adopted a 2nd dog! she is a HOOT (the 'yin' to Angus's 'yang') Josiphene (formerly known as 'platypus'). a 1/2 bassett/ 1/2 bulldog? (pit? bully? ) or a dachsund/boxer? or...(doing the DNA test on her)
  • I rescued/adopted a 2nd dog! she is a HOOT (the 'yin' to Angus's 'yang') Josiphene (formerly known as 'platypus'). a 1/2 bassett/ 1/2 bulldog? (pit? bully? ) or a dachsund/boxer? or...(doing the DNA test on her)

So glad to hear that all is well with the new doggie.
  • work in progress- she scared HELL out of me today, slipped out the door (I live near a VERY busy street) my world STOPPED....then she went ot my car and SAT in front of the door (time for the dog park again dad?? please?? W.H.E.W.!!!!
  • Getting ready to make a special Christmas doll outfit for thr second generation of little girls in our family. Think red/gold holiday fabric with gold metallic trim.
    This makes me so happy