Final Project Runway All-Stars

Okay I admit I'm almost tempted to watch it since they are incorporating international PR winners. However it's telling no bravo alum wanted to touch it. It's kind of sad previous All Stars contestants are choosing to come back to it.

https://www.etonline.com/project-runway-all-stars-international-designers-final-season-exclusive-113571

Comments

• After many seasons of avoiding this show I gave it another try for this season. I enjoyed episode 1 enough to watch episode 2. After that, who knows?
  • I'm looking forwards to see Anya got eliminated
  • Not sure i agree with the Anthony Ryan win. And, even tho Sunny used just a smidge of blue I still wanted to see more from him. Are they told how much of each color they need to use? If not, then why penalize those who decide to use just a small amount of a certain color.
  • rawtoo said:

Not sure i agree with the Anthony Ryan win. And, even tho Sunny used just a smidge of blue I still wanted to see more from him. Are they told how much of each color they need to use? If not, then why penalize those who decide to use just a small amount of a certain color.

I agree. I thought it was kind of witty. Oh well, at least this week they got rid of Seth Aaron, and I'll never have to see him again!
  • Sunny's ouster was frustrating-even the judges didn't really want to send him home. However he clearly went against the key parameter of the challenge. He didn't do any kind of fabrication with the second color. He didn't give the judges any kind of out. His dress was lovely but actually needed a belt or sash. He could have used his blue fabric for that and tied it off with the pin. If he had done that Irina would have been eliminated

at least Irina bounced back with her paper cup dress. Jasper did excellent work as well. Most of the contestants did a good job-even Anya. I understand why a lot of people hated that Anya won during her season, but she is capable of coming up with good ideas. Professional designers don't need to be good sewers in real life

Seth-Aron who I have always liked, did a terrible job with the challenge and I was surprised how poor the construction was. He was always known for good and fast he was at construction.

Sean's dress reminded me of a Dalek
  • Frank_821 said:

Sunny's ouster was frustrating-even the judges didn't really want to send him home. However he clearly went against the key parameter of the challenge. He didn't do any kind of fabrication with the second color. He didn't give the judges any kind of out. His dress was lovely but actually needed a belt or sash. He could have used his blue fabric for that and tied it off with the pin. If he had done that Irina would have been eliminated

at least Irina bounced back with her paper cup dress. Jasper did excellent work as well. Most of the contestants did a good job-even Anya. I understand why a lot of people hated that Anya won during her season, but she is capable of coming up with good ideas. Professional designers don't need to be good sewers in real life

Seth-Aron who I have always liked, did a terrible job with the challenge and I was surprised how poor the construction was. He was always known for good and fast he was at construction.

Sean's dress reminded me of a Dalek

I agree re Sunny IF they said you must use both colors in a fabric. Did they say that or that they must incorporate both colors in their design? I'm just nit-picking.
  • Okay, now that the show is more than halfway over, I must say, I wont be sorry to not see these contestants or these judges again.

The output overall has been good enough and usually the right person has been eliminated, but the reality tv show tripes are tiresome. And even though I still have respect for Georgina Chapman's assessments, it's really sad when the 3 guest judges for this latest episode are being more critical and doing a better job than the regular judges. The way Isaac, Alyssa and Georgina fawned over Sean Kelly's gown was absurd

I would never had expected Danica Patrick to be so tough and exacting when it comes to judging a red carpet gown.
    Kudos to Wendy Williams for not only willing to disagree with Isaac but also managing to knock him down a peg or two
  • Had to laugh when I say Dimitri get Palm Springs and it was heat and snow. As a PS resident I can tell you that no one needs to dress for snow unless you're going to the top of Mt San Jacinto by tram in the winter. Probably would have been for appropriate to go heat and cool since the desert can be very chilly at night. And, I don't think anyone in PS would wear what Dimitri designed anyway.